3.27.2013

Catch up, Christmas & New Year's!

Our visits to Long Island are always relaxing and pleasant, and that has everything to do with Dude, Mom O., and Sarah making space in their routine and home for eight extra people, and feeding and entertaining us, to boot.  I'm sure it's not easy, and they probably collapse once we leave, but while we're there, they give nothing but love and graciousness. That says a lot about them, and I don't take their hospitality for granted.

Dude had the woodstove blazing when we arrived, and I was warm for our entire visit. Imagine that!  Every time I walked up or down the basement stairs, I would sneak a few minutes sitting next to the fire.  It might sound silly to people with warm wintertime houses, but sitting in the dark warming my hands was one of my favorite parts of the week.





I stole this shot of Luci talking to herself in the ladybug room.  Her imagination blossoms, and I realize how big this scrawny bug grows.








Of course, the girls sprouted t.v. heads while we were there.  Tradition!





Zeke tried to snitch some of Sarah's birthday cake.





She deserved three cakes after carting us all around the city!





The girls always find a lot to keep them busy, like coloring books...








...or chubby baby boys.




Isn't he wonderful?





Annie found the worst thing ever to keep her busy, and then she shared it with a few relatives and brought it home for us to enjoy here, too.




Boo to the flu.  Bah, humbug to the flu.


 

2 comments :

cadie said...

I love the picture of Luci and Piper reading and coloring on the couch.

heidiann(e) said...

oh, Annie!

boo, indeed.

and a pooey, too.