3.29.2013

She's T'ree Now

 


Lucinda Hope turned three in the first week of February, and I grow old.

Birthday breakfast involved oranges, hardboiled eggs, home fries, and som kind of coffee cake.  I don't remember because I probably just made it up that morning.  Ah, yes!  Elderberry and flaxseed.  Can you tell that she's too young to really care about what her birthday breakfast is?

What a joy our stubborn little Spark is. She asked for "a turtle cake with crayons pokin' out," but this decision was only reached after enthusiastically saying, "YETS!" anytime someone asked her if she wanted any cake of any kind, like so:
Anybody: "Do you want a ...[bear/snake/princess/worm/rabbit/brick/flower]...cake?"
Luci: "YETS!!!!"

So, I'm not really sure if this was her first choice, but you can't blame me for not knowing.
One turtle cake, with crayons pokin' up all over, resting on a turkey platter:











Unbeknownst to her (and me until I remembered while loading these pictures), her big sister was her very twin 4 years ago.  Must be the dress that 3-year olds have to wear on their birthdays.  At least Luci was reasonable enough to choose a turtle, eh?
 


 












Just because, here's a horribly-lit snapshot of her opening gifts from my parents.

 


Here are the requested pictures of the birthday outfit Annie made for Lu's bunny.




And here's one of the bedlam that began when she opened Grandma O.'s gifts.


 


Happy day, Lu!  We love you all the way to Jupiter.



2 comments :

Griffen said...

Wowza! I LOVE THAT CAKE!!! And I am in disbelief that Lucy is THREE. Sheesh. Time just won't quit.

Abigail said...

Thanks! (And I should have made her a jackrabbit cake to more appropriately convey a sense of time.)