3.03.2013

Our Unit on the Zombie Apocolypse

I suppose hlearning about ancient Egypt would have been time better spent than weeks on zombies, but since I eschew makeup (except for inexpertly applied mascara on Sundays), we had no eyeliner in the house and had to settle for chunky Halloween paint-crayons.  Therefore, instead of a charming post about the time we spent hlearning about ancient Egypt, you get hollow-eyed zombies dressed up as Egyptians.


Oooh.  Scary!

Millie asked if she could paint my face while I nursed Zeke.   Bad idea. (Now you know why I eschew makeup. It doesn't do much for me.)






 The zombies made some Egyptian collars.




This zombie asked for a portrait.
 
 

 
 


They were all so pleased to be wearing makeup that they were super-serious.  With zombie makeup, super-serious translates as super-scary-angry-mean.  I burst out laughing after I took this picture,

 
 


and then they tentatively cracked some grins.

 
 


I think I'll teach Piper to avoid makeup when she grows older. Not that it doesn't flatter her natural beauty...


 

6 comments :

Molly said...

This is SO adorable!!! I am sitting here with a big grin on my face enjoying every single photo and post! Thank you for sharing.

Much love!

Abigail said...

You're welcome. :)

heidiann(e) said...

Actually, I've been to museums, and that IS what the Egyptians looked like.

Only yours are cuter.

Abigail said...

Yeah, we nailed it! I bet their collars were made out of paper, too, huh?

heidiann(e) said...

well, papyrus.

;-)

Abigail said...

Touche.