3.29.2013

Sugar-Bush-It-Old-School 2013









I know it's time to tap the trees when the wagon rolls down stones instead of snow.  (Having children is better than using The Old Farmer's Almanac.)






I only offer a few pictures this year.  If you're dying for the full report, just search shotsnaps for "Sugar Bush," and you can read all about it.  This year was identical to last year, except Zeke's outside my belly instead of inside of it, plus, I used a proper hammer to pound in the spiles instead of a can of black beans.  Progress!

Here are the first sips of cold, sweet sap.














And then we were done.  I told Annie to come down from her perch and scurried back inside to the napping Lu and Zeke. 

The End.



2 comments :

Griffen said...

"I know it's time to tap the trees when the wagon rolls down stones instead of snow."
...I could hear that, and loved how it sounded.

Abigail said...

It sounds like this..

"rattle-rattle-rattle-rattle-rattle-THUNK."