3.08.2013

Busy in the Kitchen

For all those who eat food to survive (Wait, is that all of  you?), I'm slowly trying to resuscitate buildabelly.

Millie sneakily took these pictures of me 3 days before Christmas because she thought I looked like a mad scientist. "Pish," I told her, "Everyone wears protective gear while making supper."  (Wait, you don't do that?)


 


p.s.  I was actually making my first and second batches of lye soap for Christmas gifts.  Yup.  I did this with the full knowledge that they'd have to cure for 6 weeks before using.  Call me brilliant; do.

p.p.s. I just noticed the wild blackberry jam-- open!-- on the counter.  Open.  Next to the small bowl of lye.  HA!  I am amazing.
 

4 comments :

Nanno said...

Hey, my first comment on your blog! Sad, isn't it?

Sorry, I've always been intimidated by the "Identity" section and several times it foiled me in the past, rejecting my various attempts to log in with an appropriate account. But I'm determined not to be deterred today!

Your photo made me smile because Phil took a similar picture of me a few years ago when I was cooking bacon that would not stop spitting hot grease at me! So for effect I donned leather gauntlets and construction goggles while Phil snapped photos.

Now let's see if this thing will let me post my comment or if it spurns me and I leave dejected.

Nanno said...

HAHA!! IT WORKED THIS TIME!

I SO conquered this machine.

By the way, hi Abigail. =)

Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for glitterance

Also visit my website - garbage disposal

Abigail said...

NAN!!!!!

WAHOO!!!!!

#1. I'm glad you commented! In this barren wasteland, any comment is celebrated, and you left TWO. Plus, that image of you sizzling bacon in full body armor counts for extra. Ha! Pretty awesome.

#2. Our computer hasn't been working, but I did remember your birthday on the right day, so Happy Birthday, old lady! I even told the girls it was your birthday. I just didn't, you know, wish you happy returns.

#3. I need to call you. We're overdue for our yearly chat, huh?

#4. There is no number four. I just wanted to keep typing.

And Anonymous Spam-bot,
Sometimes your comments are so awesome that I can't bear to delete them. I hope you found all the glitterance you were looking for, and then some. I try to keep a full stock of it here at shotsnaps. Whenever I need some garbage disposal, I'll follow your infected link.