3.29.2013

But Wait!

There's more!  Because I wasn't sure if the grainy pictures I took would work, the following week I took a backup set of frugal fancy-pants pictures, which ended up being almost as grainy, so now you get both. (Please, don't sigh.)

Exhibit A is still the one above.


Here's Exhibit B:





Wear this outfit (you guessed it) to church on an icy, winter day when traction-less heels are the most foolish choice. Wear them, anyway, because you threw the outfit together and got dressed in five minutes flat and didn't know it was icy until it was too late. Again, brush your hair on the way to church.

Shirt: H&M from a rummage bag sale. Cost-- about 5 cents
Skirt: rummage bag sale. Cost-- about 10 cents
Heels: rummage bag sale. Cost-- about 10 cents
Vintage scarf: rummage bag sale. Cost-- under 5 cents
Weird, pleather belt: rummage bag sale. Cost-- under 5 cents





Optional accessories
-Wool-blend jacket: rummage bag sale. Cost: about 10 cents
-Big ol' flashy hat: free (thanks to a coupon and an end-of-winter sale)
-Ridiculous pose to make your daughter laugh: free (but more than paid for in humiliation now)

Total cost of outfit: under 50 cents

Side by side:


 



 

8 comments :

Deborah Anne said...

GEE WILLIKERS, ABIGAIL!! You look stunning in that grey and black ensemble. Absolutely stunning. You look like you belong at the races in My Fair Lady.

- Wallflower Deborah, dressed in a hoodie (free), jeans (50 cents at rummage sale), and worn Champion sneakers (50 cents at rummage sale)

Titi said...

I concur! If only the store mannequins should be so lucky to look so well.

--Titi, who is feeling mighty unfrugal, because the only think she is wearing that cost under $8 is a jacket you gave her. Where do you find the time and QUALITY rummage sales??

Abigail said...

Deb,
Thank you, fellow Frugal-pants!

Titi,
What you don't know is that I AM A MANNEQUIN. (Drat. Now you know.)

Also, I rarely go to rummage sales since we upgraded to the van because the cost of gas makes otherwise great bargains too expensive. Plus, you know, there's that small matter of time...

There are two sales that are consistently good that I try to make it to each year. If I'm able to go to both, and they have a good amount of clothing, I can spend about 10-15 dollars and come home with between 7-10 stuffed bags of clothing, which I then divvy up between people and set aside to sell at the consignment shop.

My other trick is to wear clothing for decades. My weight fluctuates so much between pregnancy whale, post-preg. dolphin, and then regular, that I have more clothing than I should, but I hand onto my favorites until I fit into them, hence, the 15-year old skirts.

Abigail said...

hand.

hang.

oh, bother.

Full of Grace said...

Holy Cow Abbie, you seriously look like a fashion model ready for the runway! Gorgeous!!

Rebecca said...

Yep. Magazine Cover. On a dime.

I told you how jealous these posts make me....on so many levels.

You STINK.

Rebecca said...

Oops. Was that out loud?!?!!

Crikey.

Abigail said...

The sad thing is that I really do stink. Be thankful the stench doesn't waft that far south. (I'll try to shower before Sunday.)