3.03.2013

Up Where the Air is Clear

Our focus for the first half of the year was astronomy and the solar system, which started out with lots of star-gazing before the weather grew too cold.  We also squeezed out the narrow slit of an upstairs window a few times and sprawled on the roof,  not because we could star-see better up there, mind you, but because I've always loved sitting on rooftops.  It calms me somehow. (Chums from college days may remember this, as might the security guard who, after two solid years of my roof-sitting, finally spied me one day when I needed a roof-sit. He met me at the bottom, gave me a stern and mighty scolding, and then I hid in a basement crawlspace and cried into the cobwebs.  I had only braved the rooftop in daylight out of great distress and greater need, and a cobwebby crawlspace just didn't cut it.  Thanks for nothing, Les.)

Oh, yeah.
The roof!  The girls loved it, by turns timid and excited to be sitting all together in a dangerous space.  It didn't even matter that we were too confused to identify more than a handful of constellations; we were on the ROOF!

p.s. That's me nearly stuck in the window, wedged in like Pooh but without any honey to console me.




No comments :