3.04.2013

Old Hat Now

According to shotsnaps images, my seasons sail by like so:
Summer: Garden, garden, garden, girls (and boy).
 Fall: Harvest, can, can, can, learn, learn, learn, and girls (and boy).

A large, pesky garden, 200+ quarts* worth of food canned, and the first half of the school year behind us, and what do you get?

Winter = Snow, snow, snow, and girls (and boy).


Here's the first snowfall of our winter reflected in the bathroom mirror,





as enjoyed indoors,



as ignored by a dog on the hunt,









as it layers the rose bushes,





and as it brightens the coop.



The End.

*The first time I broke the 200-quarts-worth mark for canning I was quite pleased with myself, kind of like this guy, until I read the chart of "average family" canning needs in my vintage Ball Blue book.  I can't remember exact numbers, but I do remember that their combined numbers for just green beans and tomatoes alone blew past the 200 mark.  That shut me up pretty quickly.  (How on earth did those women do it?)

3 comments :

Rebecca said...

Yours is the ONLY blog that can simultaneously make me sigh with truth, honk with laughter (yes, I honk) and glue a strange, silly grin on my face as I keep.scrolling.down.

Your photos, ALL, are stunning. Your words, ALL, are witty and clever. Your sentiments, ALL, are worth reading.

I don't have time to comment on every post- but I COULD do so, very easily and they often make me WANT to. I'll leave it with this....

I think this blog is great but moreso, I am so very thankful that this isn't just a blog I frequent because it is cool but I actually get the huge privilege of seeing this beautiful life IN ACTION and knowing the beautiful person that you are- FOR REAL.

Anonymous said...

My family always say that I am killing my time here at web,
except I know I am getting know-how every day by reading thes good posts.



Feel free to surf to my web site ... muscle building foods

Abigail said...

Rebearcca,

That was totally uncalled for. Also, if there ever existed a comment to live up to, this would be it! I'd better get my act together. Thanks for your gracious (flattery) comment. You win the blue ribbon! :)

Dear Anonymous,
Normally I delete spam-bot comments, but I am compelled to leave yours here and even to give it a personal response.

YOUR FAMILY IS RIGHT. LISTEN TO THEM!
Also, you are learning nothing, nohow.
Lastly, I will try to build my muscle by jogging, thank you very much.