3.03.2013

First Day

It's the only day of the entire 365 in which all the colored pencils are sharp at the same time.

Let's have a moment of silence.


 


Millie with lemon socks in the library.  (That sentence fragment sounds as if it's straight from a rousing game of Clue. How would one go about murder with lemon socks as a weapon, I wonder?)


 


Continuing the theme:
Annie with a blue hair bow in the library.  (Again, an ingenious weapon.)
 
 


Susannah with a pencil in the sunroom.  (A pencil!!!  Ew.)
 
 



  Look at that face, though.  I bet she's innocent of all charges.




And here's the living room at the end of our first day.   Luci and Pip, house-wreckers extraordinaire, are guilty as charged.


5 comments :

Rebecca said...

Such fancy hair for a schoolday! She looks like a prom queen.

And to think, my children walk around with bedhead all day.

Rebecca said...

PS. I entirely understand the moment of silence a jug of sharp pencils necessitates.

And I love that I am not the only one who would take a picture of them to seize the single, rare, short-lived moment.

Abigail said...

Okay. You've seen enough rat-head pictures on here to know that these poor girls rarely wear anything other than bird's nests through the week. The first day of school is different, though. They can pick any outfit they own to wear, and this year I did their hair any way they wished, to boot, hence the lovely styles.

heidiann(e) said...

I also wanted to comment on the hair.
I LOVE it.

Can Sigrid come to first day of school so you can teach me how to do her hair?
Oh, wait. She has no hair.

Abigail said...

H.,
Henna decorations? Man, I should have tried those with Luci. She was cue-ball-bald for the first year.