3.26.2013

Oops

I know.
I'm supposed to be finished with the summertime snapshots-- I thought I was!-- but I just found these on the little camera, and I know Millie will enjoy seeing them on shotsnaps, even if no one else does.


 



Like countless young girls, Millie's enamoured with horses.  I grew up trail-riding and barrel-racing my family's motley crew of lovable beasts, and since Mom and Dad still have a few horses and only live a short walk down the hill, there's really no excuse that it's taken me this long to take Millie trail-riding.  This past summer for her birthday, I gave the promise of trail rides before winter.  We went several times, and she did wonderfully, currying and saddling Princess on her own but leaving the cinch-tightening to me.  I found riding again after so long a drought wonderful, myself, and wondered why on earth I hadn't been more prompt in taking advantage of this gift.




We rode along dimly lit, old logging trails in the Big Woods and came out into fall fields all ablaze with light.  Millie and I both look forward to spring rides, and now Annie and Susie have joined the clamoring hoardes.

 

Who can blame them?

3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

Oh, fun!

Can I tag along sometime?

heidiann(e) said...

not sure how this will work with the sparrow, though....

Abigail said...

Yes, please! You could teach her to ride properly, and I know a certain fountain-ponytailed lady who'd love to hold a Bird.