3.27.2013

New York City in the Rain


When we left Radio City Music Hall, the weather had shifted from cold to very cold, gray, and rainy, which wasn't the best companion for city-walking, so we quickly took a peek at Times Square.








Annie and Millie pointed to where the ball would drop the following night, and a cheerful New York City gentlewoman smiled for my camera.





Then we walked to the toy store and admired city decorations along the way.




Destination: the Times Square Toys R Us.  Why?  Because it was close, it boasts 3 stories of displays and window-shopping genius, and it has a....  


Did you hear me?  It has a ..... 


 FOR REAL!!!!!




For real.  For wheel.  A ferris wheel for real.
McGamma slipped Sarah a few bills before we left for this express purpose, and Sarah and the girls took several spins through the store.  





Dude and I stood on the second floor, and the wheel politely stopped at just the right spot for me to take this picture.  Thanks, wheel.  Thanks, orange m&m.  Thanks, Sarah!  Thanks, Grandma O.!





Annika begged me to take a picture of her next to this Nerds display, and I post it for her delight.






Wait-- doesn't that handsome fellow look kind of familiar?






Why, indeed he does!  That's my brother Luke, who after hearing that we were going to be in the city, decided with his lovely wife to take the train down from Connecticut and meet us at Toys R Us.  I kind of blew the surprise at the last minute, but at least Susie, peeking out of the second floor of the Barbie house, was completely floored to see them standing below.  It was pretty awesome.

We all ate lunch together before we left the city and before Luke and Jae went to see the sights.  On the way, I spied some misplaced extraterrestrials.  I TOLD you Storm Troopers cling to the skyscrapers.






I was a little nervous until I saw the Storm Trooper taking advantage of the least protected human in sight.  Whew.  We ran the rest of the way to Chipotle.


 


It was our first time eating at Chipotle, and all it took was one time for Annika to declare it her "favorite restaurant ever."  It was pretty darn good.

The company wasn't too shabby, either.
Luke and the lovely Jae-Ryong were kind enough to pose with the girls before we parted ways.  Good family, all.



2 comments :

Kate said...

Chipotle (despite being a chain) is, indeed, one of the best restaurants ever!

Abigail said...

We've now eaten there a second time, thanks to a Christmas gift card, and I'm totally sold! I'm a great lover of delicious food, in case no one noticed.