3.29.2013

Kind-of-Crafty

Don't worry; I won't post every last thing we do as we hlearn, but I thought this project was cool.  I'm not a great crafty-mom and prefer to let the girls make crafts on their own instead of doing organized crafts all the time (like they'd prefer), but art projects like this are kind of crafty, right?  Can't they count for something?


We didn't have any of the "required" materials, so we scrounged around for household substitutes, and even though the final result probably suffered from this scrounging, I still love how they turned out.


 



Pip's was my absolute favorite, and I couldn't bear to take it down when the girls replaced their prints with fresh paintings, so it hangs still. (In case you're baffled, it's a little princess.)



 

2 comments :

Griffen said...

How did you do these? My kiddies would love it, crafty as they be.

Abigail said...

I don't show my children ANY of your crafty posts, for fear that they'll combust from jealousy. This printing project is from artforsmallhands.com (I link to the specific post at the top of this post, but I'm too lazy to do an html link in the comments). We just used regular aluminum foil, cut-off paint rollers from painting the sunroom, poster paint, and a rolling pin.