6.14.2013

A Head the Size of the Moon

Every year I trick myself into believing the garden won't have new rocks in it when spring arrives, and every year I'm wrong.




I'm not delusional.  It's a coping mechanism that allows me to approach gardening with fresh enthusiasm each year, kind of like the super-heroic ability we women have to forget how painful natural childbirth is until a few weeks before our due date (or is that just me?).

Anyway, back to our impressive garden.  This year, I unearthed the Crown Jewel, though anybody who'd try to wear the thing is a sucker.  After shoveling for at least half an hour, I called my Dad to ask for his lever-- again-- and after digging it out further, I realized I'd need my husby, too.  He dug most of it out, and now we just have to attach a chain to lug it out of there.  




I think we'll put it up for auction.  There's got to be a greedy queen somewhere with a large enough head to support such a gem.



3 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

WOW. You are rich with rocks.

I often say we are rich with sticks and mud, but now that I think of it, I think we may have some of those rock-treasures lying about (and below) as well.

Rebecca said...

wowza.

SO NOT COOL.

Abigail said...

H.,
One benefit to all the rocks is that you can line your flower beds easily! Walkways! Walls! Build a little house!

If only I had more energy.