6.20.2013

Foodstuffs

As is typical for Johnson celebrations, we prepared far too much food.  John simultaneously manned three grills full o' meat, salads weighed the table down, and desserts sprouted from the center.

I made 2 key lime pies and a couple of layer cakes, but I didn't eat any of them in favor of my sister's almond toffee bars.  I polished off enough to make up for the lacking cake, but, never fear, I nibbled some German chocolate cake only to discover that it deserves its own show on buildabelly someday to come.  Three layers of cardiac happiness, I tell you.  While I'm at it, I really should snag the recipe for those toffee bars.  Or maybe I shouldn't.


2 comments :

Titi said...

should. I want.

lol!

Abigail said...

Someday, when buildabelly opens its gates again. She makes them every year, and they're similar to this. Easy and addictive.