6.03.2013

Doodle-y-doo.


My awesome sister-in-law (one of five awesome sis-in-laws) has a dad who's obsessed with doughnuts.  Seriously, he eats them by the dozens.  She asked me to doodle a pen-and-ink illustration to pair with a poem he recently wrote, and I was happy to oblige.  After avoiding it for weeks (because I'm good at that), I finally sat down to doodle and finished in time for his birthday.  You know what?  It ended up being FUN!  I'm telling myself that all the other things that need my attention will be just as fun, but a small, sane part of me doubts it.  Doodling = weeding?  (That's what I thought.)

4 comments :

Rebecca said...

Watch out Shel Silverstein! You've got competition- and she is a whole lot perdier!

Abigail said...

HA! Don't I wish...

And I may be perdier, but he's definitely better-looking. If I were a man, I'd much rather look like Mr. Silverstein than Johnny Depp.

(Nope. I don't know where that comment came from, but it's true, anyway.)

Rebecca said...

Well, that wouldn't say much though would it? Since Johnny Depp looks better in mascara than just about any woman I know.

:-)

And if you ever compile your doodles in a book I would totally buy it. (And expect an autograph)

Abigail said...

Truth. He probably looks better without mascara than most women you know, too.

(And no books in my future, though my decades-long pipe dream of writing and illustrating a children's book hasn't croaked yet.)