6.14.2013

I Don't Know the Point of This Post, Either




Whenever I remember to take a picture of my Fancypants, I should use this manure-hauling picture as the twin, huh.

Each year, we dump hundreds of pounds of manure on the garden.  It probably could use several thousand more pounds, but we do what we can.  John's kind and shovels and hauls it all for me, but in a pinch, I take the children and a dozen bags down to the horse pasture while he's at work and load up the van with black gold myself.  



 


(Totally unrelated and irrelevant bunny trail because this picture made me think of it, and I'm typing this on four hours of sleep, which severely impairs any writing ability or blog filters...
 I recently grew my nails out longer than they've been in a couple of years.  To prepare for gardening, I clipped them.  As you can see by the above picture, they were still long enough to be a nuisance while gardening, so a couple of days ago I clipped them again.  Now, they're so short I may as well begin biting them again.  Yes, I know it's a despicable habit.  And, yes, Newmans, I KNOW it will give me worms.)

Thank goodness these girls aren't nail-biters.

















4 comments :

Rebecca said...

Hey now. Don't lump ME in with that crazy Mr. Newman on this issue...
that's not fair!

HE is the worm freak. And cat freak. And anything.but.cow freak.

NOT ME!

Abigail said...

My apologies. That was thoughtless of me, but it didn't seem fair to name him behind his back without his knowledge, so I lumped the whole clan in. Let it be known that MATTHEW NEWMAN tells little people they'll get worms from putting their fingers in their mouths!

Also, wouldn't it be awesome if biting my nails gave me COWS instead of worms?! For a Jersey, it'd totally be worth it. :)

Church on Tap said...

Where did you hire such ADORABLE worker elves? I have adorable lazybones aplenty, but yours look very industrious!

Abigail said...

They're actually props I rented to make my blog look good. Did it work?