6.27.2013

Leftovers, Or, Heavy on Words/ Light on Photos

Annika sits like summer incarnate on the way home from church. (I foolishly take a picture when I should be focused on driving.)






Susannah prepares to water the driveway.  Piper deposits Zeke in a stroller and runs away.  Fruity takes her chances and crosses the lens.  (We had just garbage-picked the baby gear from the side of the  road, so it was outside waiting to be cleaned and dried. Yes, silly people put jogging strollers in the garbage; I even inquired at their door to make sure they hadn't accidentally propped them against the garbage cans in a haze of absentmindedness.  They hadn't, and now we own a jogging stroller.  So fancy.  Time to jog, Zeke!)







John's Christmas gift to me was a Hulk-man holding a scarlet glass heart...and a Bear Claw.  Since that romantic morning, a game has sprung up in which Hulk appears in the strangest places.  Whoever finds him gets the honor of hiding him again, and the girls have entered into the game with gusto now, too.   Here are two Hulk-nooks from the past week.

Millie hid him here with the following note attached: WITH REGUARDS From, THE HULK




 



John and Annika conspired together to catch me dipping into the sugar bowl.







And while we're speaking of that John, he made garlic scape pesto a few weeks ago, and this sandwich greeted me upon my return from the garden one day.  Iced tea + garlic scape pesto and tomato sandwich = the best Heart ever.  (Somewhat related, he also has instituted a recent practice of bringing me sweet, hot tea in the shower.  I have cold bones, so it's awesome.  You should try it, and then you'll know.) 



 


Until next time,
THE END.

4 comments :

Rebecca said...

The HULK is hilarious. (ESPECIALLY in the sugar bowl!)

The STROLLER is AMAZING.

(YES. CAPS worthy.)

It will come in handy so much on the hill- and when you jog like you dutifully do, even during the summer...while I sit on the couch and eat ice cream and wish I were naked.

I have wanted a jogging stroller forever-why oh why can't I live near Wastefuls?

Abigail said...

Months ago, I printed out a 5k to 10k "training program," but once spring hit, running has been sporadic at best. John joked the other day that I'm in the 10k in 10 Years training program. Jog once every 2 weeks over the course of 10 years, and you'll reach 6 miles!

Groan.

I doubt this awesome stroller will change a thing, but John took all the girls out for a walk the other evening, and Zeke seemed to enjoy it, so it least it's good for something.

Abigail said...

Maybe you could eat ice cream while jogging naked? (And THAT is to get you back for the shared mouth comment.) :)

Rebecca said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!