5.15.2013

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button





Who ate the button?





 




My cousin Leah is a talented knitter, and she even spins and dyes her own wool, which I find intimidating and impressive.  She mailed Zeke a gorgeous vest, and he wore it nearly every Sunday through the winter.





I'm hopeful that it'll still fit him in the fall because he is darling in it.






To be fair, I think he's darling in just about anything, but this beautiful piece of handiwork is worth treasuring, and just in case he has a summertime spurt, I wanted to get a few pictures of him wearing it to send to her.








( I must have taken these when Zeke was in his "YEEHAW!  I know how to clap!" stage.  It was a good stage.  I kind of miss it.)


 

7 comments :

heidiann(e) said...

Oh, so cute! The vest, and ESPECIALLY that baby in it.

Is he walking?!? Sure looks like it. Oh my.

elizabethfrances said...

AHHH! I want to squeeze him! Gently. Fred and I agree he is so cute. I want to come see him!

Abigail said...

Heidi,
Yup, and nary a corner of the house is safe. He took his first steps on April Fool's Day, and now he can climb the stairs in under a minute, grab the toilet brush from the bathroom and dump it in the dining room, and then immediately proceed to the kitchen where he empties all the spice jars from the red cupboard. He's awesome!

Elizabeth,
DO! I'm sure he'd love to be squeezed! He's one of the cuddliest babies we've had, and it's so satisfying to smush him close.

Leah T. said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures! What a precious boy you have there!!! I'd love to see you all sometime. It's been too long!

Rebecca said...

He is so precious.

Abigail said...

Leah,

We'd love to see YOU! I told John that we should try a Newman-Owen pilgrimage sometime after baby arrives but before cold weather. Maybe I should mention this t the Newmans, huh?

Abigail said...

O,

tO