5.21.2013

Those Poor Saps...


who have to ride a yellow bus.




 At certain times more than others, the privilege of home learning hits deep.  The knowledge always sits somewhere at the center, but it doesn't always hit me physically.





Reading about the glory that was Rome while sitting in the sun and breeze, with grass on bare feet serving as counterpoint to both, causes it to hit viscerally in the most pleasant way imaginable.








If I enunciated loudly enough to one-up the wind (which I did), they could even fly kites!  I asked questions just to be sure, and a correct answer came muffled from the grass.









What a gift springtime hlearning is.



5 comments :

Full of Grace said...

That last one is perfect! Kite Flying is so much fun, no matter the age (as long as no trees ensue) ;)

Rebecca said...

YES! YES! YES!

heidiann(e) said...

This gave me chills & butterflies in my belly. Seeing these pictures gives me a real physical feeling of wanting AND remembering from my youth. And I feel so blessed to have my own little Sparrow now, and I feel so excited about our future h'learning with her. I am grinning idiotically now.

Thank you.

Abigail said...

Mama Bird,
I can't wait! You don't know how many times I've wistfully wished I could offer my girls the knowledge you've got! I am learning as I go, which is always part of living and exploring, but I sometimes feel so very ignorant.

Griffen said...

Aw. Bet this made many a yellow-busser feel like heading for the hills! Just lovely.