5.21.2013

Is Sweet and Heady Like My Love

(I guess I forgot to publish this one. Oops. Now I'm really done.)

The day the first lilac blossoms tentatively opened, the girls flew into action and filled half a dozen vases in under five minutes.  That same night, forecasters predicted a hard frost, and I was afraid it would kill all the blossoms like last year's snow had.






I needn't have worried. 

 







The blossoms survived and linger still, and the heady scent of lilac creeps into every open window.


 




I couldn't be happier.

 
 

4 comments :

Rebecca said...

oh.so.lovely. I am jealous of your purples. I love the season of free flowers in every room and so happy we are FINALLY in it!

Abigail said...

We have an enormous bush-turned tree next to the living room window, and you're welcome to some anytime! Let me know if you need some, and I'll bring some on a Sunday.

heidiann(e) said...

beautiful.
I love lilacs.

Abigail said...

H.ann(e),
You're welcome to some cuttings, too, anytime!