5.21.2013

Easter Dessert





I forgot to post these pictures from Easter, but they're significant enough to post now. What's so special about lemons?  These aren't lemons.  For the first time in my life, I used proper key limes instead of common Persian ones to make key lime pie, and all thanks to the thoughtfulness of a reader-friend who has a key lime tree growing in her backyard.  It smacks of science fiction, but I've heard such climates exist!

It goes without saying that the pie was superb.  In my limited experience, most pies are.
 
 
 

3 comments :

Rebecca said...

See? Blogging has its perks!

Molly said...

I LOVE THIS! So glad you enjoyed the Key Limes! I have yet to make my favorite pie - isn't that incredible? I've been giving them away to everyone I can. As I write, I have many on my counter top and I think I will make a Key Lime Pie for this long weekend!

I will send more! They bloom all year long!:-)

Much love!

Abigail said...

I had no idea they bloom so long! That's really neat. The growing season here is relatively short, so it's hard to imagine ANYTHING producing for more than a couple of months.

I recommend you make two Key Lime pies-- one for each of you. If your daughter will be home, make three! :)