5.15.2013

Thank-a-Doodle




I was going to make the giver something on the machine she gave, but when I told my mom I felt awkward sewing something for someone whose skills far exceed mine, she suggested I doodle her something instead.  I cheated and stole parts of the doodle I made for my mom and parts of this one from six (!) years ago to make a new doodle in thanks.  I know that my mom's friend has short, white hair and glasses, that she likes the color purple, and that she sews landscape quilts, which is the reason for the paint-by-number quilted background.  It was fun-- probably more fun than sewing something and definitely more rare around these parts.

1 comment :

Rebecca said...

I told you in person, but it bears repeating. This is so lovely. As was the story behind it.

God is so good.