5.15.2013

Hlearning Collages: The Fun Bits

Over the course of a week or so, the girls watched this performance of "The Magic Flute." They loved it.  One evening, I was finishing up supper in the kitchen when peals of laughter drew me in. Papageno finally found his lady love, and I arrived just in time to hear the pair sing, "There is no greater joy than to be blessed with lots of Papageni." Ha! It was awesome.





While studying the Earth, we slapped together a volcano for the first time.  I know the fact that we've never done this experiment before highlights my sloth.  That's okay.  We made the volcano erupt enough times to make up for it.













I wish I had more pictures of this, or, better still, a video.   After our Greek party, the girls put on a performance of several of Aesop's fables for John, Zeke, and I.  They assembled their costumes and made their masks, and all of it was delightful to watch.





A word of caution for anyone making Borax snowflakes.  Don't be too liberal with your Borax-dumping or you'll have a heavy layer of crystals on the bottom of your jars, as well.  I added so much Borax that it only took an hour for the snowflakes to form...and only three days to finally dissolve the last of the Borax from the bottom of the jars.


 

1 comment :

Rebecca said...

oh yes- a video would have been PERFECT!