2.09.2011

Moe Holds Strike the Chicken



At some point, I must have been smug.




Looking at undeniably cute pictures of Magdolena and Lucy with chopped hair, a small speck of smugness must have stirred deep within my heart, and the Lord took note, because guess which one of my five finally decided to play Delilah and cut herself some desired and forbidden bangs.

My eight-year old! Yeah!



I was not happy.
John was not happy.
Soon after, Millie was not too happy, either.




All's well that ends well, though. John showed Millie pictures of her and, to balance things out, I showed her pictures of him. Millie has been good-natured about her new nickname. She even refers to herself as Moe now and signs her notes to me...MOE...with a flourish; it just might stick.

These pictures were taken the day after The Incident, before I cut the world's shortest bangs to camouflage the missing chunks of hair.

And do you know what's crazy? I bought that coat at a rummage sale when Mildred was a newborn and thought it would take years for her to grow into it.

Gulp.

It's been years.



Dear Moe,

You're growing much too fast.

Love,
Mama

4 comments :

Molly said...

I too,was Millie's age when a playmate cut my bangs and I ended up at my mother's hair salon for a pixie cut to cover up the missing chunks of hair. The comedy - or tragedy - of it all is that I tried to cut my own bangs just two months ago and botched it terribly! Why don't I learn?

Rebecca said...

love all these photos. The top one reminds me of this vintage photograph that I would love to duplicate sometime.

I think she is striking with her bangs. But I didn't say so. (*wink*)

Rebecca said...

ps. We used Millie as a threat for Corynn and Andrew, btw. "IF YOU EVER........." :-)

Abigail said...

Mollie,
I'll warn Millie that once you start, you can't stop! :)

Rebecca,
At least some good came out of it, eh?