2.16.2011

Pomp Unfurled

As is becoming tradition for the first birthday, the older sisters dictated the cake's shape. Annie thought it should be "a Dorf cake, 'cause dorves are really cute like Luci." Millie suggested a gnome.

I turned that cake into a Dorf-gnome in about half an hour, which included making and tinting the frosting. Don't snicker.


Luci was amused by all the fuss.



She watched as we sang and blew out her candle.




I added a flower to her tray to improve the aesthetics.



Stupid me.



Rule #1. After eating kryptonite, always cleanse the palate with a sprig of vegetation.



Before bed, she opened her pillow from Millie. (Luci's parents did not give her anything because they are grinches.)



6 comments :

Full of Grace said...

Still cannot believe she is now ONE!!! Looks like a wonderfully special day! :)

Rebecca said...

she sure is sweet. I just fed Judah some cereal for the first time and Matt says "Isn't that early? Oh-I guess Lucy eats it." To which I responded:

"Do you know how old Lucy is???"

um.

yeah.

Happy birthday to the sweetest LITTLE thing.

Abigail said...

HA! That made me laugh. (You should have started him on raw steak, you know, so that he can keep up his vigor.)

Caleb Purdy said...

Oops, sorry. I snickered before I read that line...

Abigail said...

You WOULD, Caleb! :)

cadie said...

Coming back and looking at these pictures again and enjoying how cute Luci looks! Just sitting there by the cake and grinning like that.