2.09.2011

Sweeter than Honey

Lest you feel badly that we stayed home for our honeymoon, I'll share the splendor of our night with you. (Oh, and on October 5th, John brought home Chinese takeout! Yeah! It was the first we've eaten since he was sick with a bellyful of it two years ago on Long Island.)

This girl insisted on making us a hearts-and-circus cake (I was banned from the kitchen, but John was in on the secret.)


I was allowed, however, to help her with the writing because the white frosting was nearly unworkably stiff.


To cap off the night, Millie took a picture of me nursing the baby while Susannah balanced a metal jingle bell on her nose.


D'you know all those people who say that marriage only gets better and better? Strangely, they're right!


1 comment :

Rebecca said...

aw. I love the age when they make surprises for US. What a thoughtful surprise!