2.23.2011

Real Time

Three seconds ago, out of the murky blue, Annie asked me what zombies are.

Since she's in the middle of her spelling work, and I didn't want to rabbit off into that trail, I answered simply, "Zombies are dead people who come back to life."

All was well and good until Annika started guffawing at the thought of zombies, as she does at any mention of vampires, monsters, and the like, and I heard Susannah thoughtfully respond, "Weeell, that's not so funny. WE'RE gonna be zombies someday."

Great.
Just when I thought I was teaching sound Biblical truth around here...

5 comments :

Griffen said...

Hey. Can I just say I LOVE shotsnaps realtime?? I'll take the amazing photos and prose in a huuuuuuge heap, too, if I must, but I like feeling the connectivity of things not-long-past too.

Plus, I like to comment, and am sometimes disheartened by the sheer amount of adorability that lays before me - wishing I could say something (witty, preferably) about ALL of it.

Even the zombies:)

Farmgirl said...

Heavenly zombies! Ha! Now there's a sermon topic :)

Abigail said...

Sandy,
I know. My monster blog posts are just plain depressing. I feel better now that I'm hopefully striking a balanced, more normal electronic presence again. (Normal?! Electronic presences are not really normal, but you catch my drift...)

Michelle,
I just figured out who you are, Farmgirl! I don't know how you meandered here, but I'm glad you did. If you and your family are ever downstate, consider yourselves invited to our hill!

Matt said...

Are you sure that John would agree with your definition of zombies?

With such important truths, you two must be a solid front.

Abigail said...

Matt,
You should ask John why on earth, in the middle of the day, she was suddenly struck with zombie curiousity.

(It may have something to do with a large stack of board games on the dining room table. Go figure.)

For the record, John and I agree on EVERYTHING.