2.09.2011

The Whole Year Through

We hosted Thanksgiving for my side of the family this year, which includes my parents, my brothers and sisters, their children, and us. Our total number was almost 40 people, and over half of that number was children. YEEHAW!

It was a lot of fun, but I was busy and have few pictures.

I am thankful for the gift of this home-space, large enough to host us for years to come, Lord willing. I am also thankful for...

1. Annika's prowess with the hot glue gun.



2. My sister Debbie deliberately arriving early and finishing 40 turkey-truffle favors with the girls for me. (I was out of my mind with scurry at that point...)






3. For my sister-in-law Wendy, who normally hosts this wild circus, and who also arrived early. She swept right into my kitchen and brought peace and order. AND she made the 20 pounds of potatoes I was cooking into a lovely mountain of mashed potatoes.

4. Lots of other things of which I presently have no snapshot documentation.

5. For a new sister (in-law), who I'm discovering is wonderful in lots of ways, not the least of which in her talent for cooking delicious Korean food. I had my first glorious taste of Jap-chae*, and I hope it's not my last. (If I'm being completely honest, I had my first glorious TWO PLATEFULS of Jap-chae, but no one needs to know that...)

Go ahead. You have my permission to be very, very jealous.

(It has glass noodles in it! My first taste ever! And peppers and fresh spinach! And red onions and sesame oil!
And there are even super-fancy mushrooms in there! Shittake and an exotic Korean mushroom that's all ruffly on top!)



* Luke or Jae-Ryong: feel free to correct my ignorant spelling!

No comments :