2.16.2011

V-Day Round-up


John and I usually don't observe Hallmark Day with much hooplah (though this year he gave me a fish!), but the girls love a good celebration, so I planned to make them pink oatmeal for breakfast.

Yup. Pink oatmeal.
Top that, Martha.

Millie requested pancakes instead, so in the space of five minutes, pink oatmeal turned into pink shakes, pink heart pancakes, rose petals from a rose John had given me two weeks ago, candlelight, cloth napkins, and a rumpled tablecloth.

I guess I'm a sucker for spontaneous celebrations.




The best part of the above pictures is that they don't show

#1. The dishes from the night before




OR
#2. the cleanest spot in the living room.

I'm SO glad you don't know about those.

5 comments :

Art Teacher said...

I'm soooooo happy that you posted the picture of the laundry. I love when people post pictures of laundry and dirty dishes for that matter, it makes me feel normal. Thank you for being normal!

Abigail said...

This is one reason why I hate (lovehatelovehate) blogs.

I want to present honestly, but I'm also reserved about the best and the worst, so I usually strike a happy, fluffy, rather empty balance on shotsnaps. It's just easier.

Experience has taught me, however, that if I don't show the dirty dishes occasionally, I'm sure to get an email about what a glorious person I am.

Not that I'm NOT a glorious person, but...

Liana said...

You are a glorious person, Abigail....and a REAL glorious person at that. That's why I appreciate you. Your "party" looks like it was a hit! How fun!

Abigail said...

Oh, Liana. I'm afraid the years between here and there have filled your head with cotton. Remember when I was your floorling?! Maybe I'm in a veeeery slow process of glorification...

Abigail said...

Your head is not really filled with cotton. :)