2.09.2011

Papa Bear

Before you saddle that horse and ride off into the sunset, I have one last thing to say.

My Heart is shown in about 0.0001% of the following snapshots. This is due mainly to two reasons. The first is that he dislikes having his picture taken, and he usually can't help an involuntary grimace when he sees the camera pointed at him. The second is that my trusty camera. so faithful and true, is still maimed (remember my unasked-for explanation in the comments?). Yeah, I know it's been broken for two years, and, yeah, I'm saving up for another.

Anyway, it's harder to stealthily take pictures of John with no zoom, but I still have my ways. I've learned lots of tricks to make it seem as if my camera is as fit as any fiddle or camera could be, and I reused a trick to trap his image just last week.

From the kitchen, I heard the girls guffawing, and I peeked in through the doorknob hole for which we still have no suitable old-fashioned doorknob.

This is what I saw.




I love him as my husband, and I love him as the father of our children. I even love him as a boardgamegeek, most especially when it makes me grin as large as this.


7 comments :

elizabethfrances said...

They love him.
What a beautiful moment to capture!

alltheposts said...

If you put a paypal button on here as I've seen on some other blogs I would love to contribute to your camera fund!!

Abigail said...

Baby Snooks,
They do love him!

Tori,
Oh, dearie me. John jokingly told me to do that before we got free internet. "If people REALLY want to read your blog," he said, "They'll toss pennies toward Paypal to get us connected."

I'd only do that over my own dead, horrified body, though. As much as I'd like to buy a new camera sometime, it's not a pressing need (or a NEED at all, actually). I'm saving up money because in addition to the broken zoom (and black LCD screen and flash that only works half of the time, which is fine because I rarely use it), the focus seems to be getting all wonky on occasion. "Focus all wonky" is the technical term, and it's the reason why I'm profilactively starting to save up for a replacement.

I've already saved enough to buy a mid-range point and shoot, which would be as nice or nicer than this 4-year old model at less cost, but I keep succumbing to the temptation to spend the money on cool school books and fancy markers and stuff. None of which we NEED, but they're so cool! And I'm lusting after models that have manual settings, too, which I don't know if I could justify buying even if I save up enough for one. Live in contentment, Thou shalt not covet, and all that...plus, if I ever broke it, I'd have to tear my hair out and wear sackcloth.

Lastly, if I was awful enough to put a Paypal button on here, then I'd feel compelled to confess to shotsnaps readers every. last. cent. that I needlessly spend on candy or...candy.

Why am I telling you all of this?!!! All I needed to say was thanks a million for your sweet and willing gesture, but as long as the old girl can keep churning out pictures, we're good to go! (And can you imagine how hurt her feelings would be if she knew I was contemplating replacing her someday?!)

alltheposts said...

I would totally toss pennies your way. Totally. Even for candy.

Abigail said...

You win the Most Affirming Reader Award.

I recall a fabulous package sent about three years ago filled with lemonheads (oh, and diapers)! Man, I could go for a lemonhead right now...

Perhaps my response was too hasty. A Candy...er...CAMERA Paypal Button is something I should look into!

Rebecca said...

holes in doors sure can be handy!

Abigail said...

...this is why I am currently drilling holes in all of our walls, too.