2.09.2011

An Upstairs Hall

And a babe in red.

My cup overflows.


I probably felt this about all the girls, but I think Luci stands in her own place. Her pure delight when I look at her is ridiculously addicting. I'm tempted to ignore her just to see it again when I poke my head in the doorway.

She really is a magic baby. Nope, she doesn't sleep through the night; at nearly a year old, she still wakes up half a dozen times to nurse. Most nights, it's okay, even when I grumble. She lights up the night.

She's sweet as sugar.



She usually plays happily while I tend to all else, but when it's been too long, she lets all sorrow loose. When I pick her up, she presses her cheek against mine, and time stops.


She's goofy, to boot.



Every single day, she effortlessly gives joy.


I'm smitten with good reason.

2 comments :

Abigail said...

And thank you, Leah! I think of you, Scott, and the boys often when I walk past that sit-down toy.

Art Teacher said...

I love this...I know and understand how you feel about your baby!