2.09.2011

Scattered Flurries

I'm not known for my judicious use of time on Christmas Eve.

Instead of doing [insert long list of pleasant tasks that should have been done days before Christmas Eve], I spend many hours avoiding those tasks.

This year, Annie and Millie (until she retired to read) and I labored away on our first snowflake-snipping extravaganza. I'm also not known for my craftiness or my patience, which is why this was our first.



We made a wonderful mess, which, incidentally, is something I am known for!



Annika wielded the sharps diplomatically, and no one was hurt,



except for this piece of paper, which didn't mind in the least.



Susie spent most of the time writing notes in tiny script.



And the end result, apart from the blizzard of paper scraps in the dining room, was a cheerful winter garland that still makes me happy when I look at it.




No comments :